Search This Blog

Loading...

Followers

Contact

If interested in advertising,
please contact me by email.



Green Stripes Grill Cover


Green Stripes Grill Cover

When writing a journal entry, what is an acceptable subject? Personally, I don't think anything is off limits. If your journal is online and public, I do think there should be limitations as to the private information shared, but otherwise go for it.

So when you write about an event, you try to help the person who will some day read your journal to feel connected and a part of the activity.

I will give you an example...

    "Today was so much fun! We have been planning to get that really fancy grill so that we could spend more time with each outside in a more festive spirit. We also wanted to have meals that Dad could cook without me hovering over him and grilled food in the winter is so very delicious especially if I don't have to cook it.

    After buying the grill, I went online and found the best grill covers that look classy and won't detract from the landscaping in the back yard. I was so thrilled to find that the barbeque grill covers came in several sizes so that I wouldn't have to worry about it looking all baggy and distorted.

    Just when I had decided to buy the Bird of Paradise design, Dad came in and peeked over my shoulder.

    "Don't you just love the Green Stripes?" he asked totally oblivious to my choice.

    "Oh yes, it is very nice. Is that your favorite?"

    "Yeah, I love it," he said as he walked away.

    So I ordered the Green Stripes. I love your Dad and he does so much for the family. It was just something I could do to let him know that I care what he thinks and I love him. He will be so surprised."


With a journal entry like that, you are able to teach without sounding like you are preaching. It gives an example of real life experience and the choices you made which will ring truer to your posterity than just words.

You were able to draw them into the experience and think about the whole family dynamic surrounding a fun purchase. It may seem boring stuff to write, but wouldn't you want to know about the dynamics and day-to-day life activities of your great-great-grandmother?



The Redhead Riter






***I was compensated by 1001 GrillCovers.com for reviewing their site and writing this post. However, my opinions are always honest and I really do love their sundials. Thanks 1001 GrillCovers.com for the opportunity to brag about you!


1 comments ♥ ♥ ♥:

Tomas said...

Thank you for the example of how to write and not to spot the truth by preaching.
I also want to thank you for visiting my blog Butterfly in Plaster and the precious comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails